Coordinating group elections 2021
The main role of members of the coordinating group is to support communication between different parts of the union and to support branches and working groups to understand what’s happening in the union as a whole and to have their voice heard. Also, the coordinating group has the following responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee union strategies
- Oversee the implementation of decisions of all member meetings
- Support effective coordination between branches and working groups
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place for the management of union staff and the protection of personal information held by the union.
- Uphold the values of the union, and ensure they are being upheld by branches, working groups and members
- Support the development of new branches
- Ensure the sound management of the union’s financial resources
This sounds like a lot, but each member is only asked to take on what they can and all new coordinating group members will be given lots of support and training. The meetings are currently once a month.
How these elections will run
- There are 3 positions on the coordinating group open to election by all members. We elect these each year around the time of our annual All Member Assembly.
- Nominations are open until 5pm on Friday 3 December. Please use the form below to nominate yourself.
- Voting will happen online, and will open after our upcoming all-member assembly on Saturday December 4 and be open for 2 weeks. The term is until the next All Member Assembly.
- Because we don’t have a returning officer at the moment, it’s the role of union staff to make sure the election runs according to the process that’s been set out.
Nominate yourself for election to the coordinating group
JOIN THE LONDON RENTERS UNION
We’re a members-led, campaigning union and we’re taking action to make sure all Londoners have a decent, affordable and secure home. Join our community today and become part of the movement to transform the housing system.
Help shape our plans for 2022. Hear from LRU members and branches about our WINS over the past year. Get more involved in the London Renters Union community.
A London Renters Union ‘Learning for power’ session examining the history of community organising
Our Member Solidarity training is for all members who want to support other renters with their housing issues, and stand up to landlords and estate agents. You will learn about how we organise member solidarity in the union, our principles and process, and how we...