October 27 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This facilitation training for LRU members is being organised by Resist and Renew (https://www.facebook.com/ResistRenew/).
Meetings! We have a lot of them in the London Renters Union. A good meeting or a bad meeting can make all the difference. Facilitation can seem intimidating, or is often not well understood, but it’s a core part of good meetings. This training is about more of us getting confidence to help facilitate LRU meetings.
This training will dig down into what makes a good facilitator, and give us some good ideas and tools to improve our meetings.
– understand and practice ‘active listening’
– chat about what meetings are for, and what makes a good meeting
– discuss power and responsibility in meetings
– work out what makes a great facilitator
– talk about the different parts of a meeting, and preparing for meetings
– discuss ‘dominant’ or ‘challenging’ behaviour in meetings, while thinking about power and privilege
– talk about how we can make LRU organising meetings more energising and welcoming
If you are planning to attend, please let Michael know by sending him a text (07922778141) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
They’ll be snacks. We can organise child care if needed. Please let us know if you’d like help with the cost of travelling to the training. Venue will be announced soon.