The London Renters Union is run by its members. We aim to hold regular member forums and all member assemblies to decide strategy and policies. The union’s coordinating group helps keep the union going in between those meetings.
The coordinating group is made up of 2 representatives of each branch and each working group and 3 members directly elected by the membership.
Up to 6 places are reserved for representatives of liberation caucuses if they are formed. Only 1 representative of each branch or working group may be someone who identifies as white and a cis-gendered man.
To contact the coordinating group, you can email email@example.com.
The role of the coordinating group is to:
- Support effective coordination between branches and working groups
- Uphold the values of the union, and ensure they are being upheld by branches, working groups and members
- Oversee the implementation of decisions of all member meetings
- Develop and oversee union strategies and policies in accordance with the values, objectives and democratic decisions of the union
- Support the development of new branches
- Ensure the sound management of the union’s financial resources
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place for the management of union staff and the protection of personal information held by the union.
Sinthia A (Newham & Leytonstone), Noorjahan K (Newham & Leytonstone), Kieran K (Hackney), Danny H (Hackney), Daniel O (Lewisham), Will C (Lewisham), Lucy G (Member Support), George B (Member Support), Rachel W, (Outreach), Jacob W (Outreach), Jacob S (Democracy), Ed L (Fundraising), Miranda H (Fundraising), Katya M (Communications), Lee B (Communications), Cameron J (Education), Georgie (Generation Rent).
JOIN THE LONDON RENTERS UNION
We’re a members-led, campaigning union and we’re taking action to make sure all Londoners have a decent, affordable and secure home. Join our community today and become part of the movement to transform the housing system.
A training day for new members of the London Renters Unionread more
From taking on landlords to winning big policy change, we’re pretty excited about what we’ve achieved so far.read more
The Coordinating Group ensures the union is working effectively as a wholeread more