The London Renters Union is run by its members. We aim to hold regular member forums and all member assemblies to decide strategy and policies. The union’s coordinating group helps keep the union going in between those meetings.
The coordinating group is made up of 2 representatives of each branch and each working group and 3 members directly elected by the membership.
Up to 6 places are reserved for representatives of liberation caucuses if they are formed. Only 1 representative of each branch or working group may be someone who identifies as white and a cis-gendered man.
To contact the coordinating group, you can email email@example.com.
The role of the coordinating group is to:
- Support effective coordination between branches and working groups
- Uphold the values of the union, and ensure they are being upheld by branches, working groups and members
- Oversee the implementation of decisions of all member meetings
- Develop and oversee union strategies and policies in accordance with the values, objectives and democratic decisions of the union
- Support the development of new branches
- Ensure the sound management of the union’s financial resources
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place for the management of union staff and the protection of personal information held by the union.
Current membership as of June 2022
- Rushaa (Disability Justice caucus)
- Janette (Disability Justice caucus)
- Asif (Education working group)
- Roya (Education working group)
- Bekah (Member solidarity working group)
- Aga (Hackney branch)
- Charlie (Lewisham branch)
- Ygerne (Lewisham branch)
- Elizabeth W (Tower Hamlets branch)
- Ali (Tower Hamlets branch)
- Anabel (Haringey branch)
- Gabriel (Haringey branch)
- Elizabeth S (Brent branch)
- Liam (directly elected at All Member Assembly 2021)
- Joao (directly elected at All Member Assembly 2021)
- Alva (directly elected Coordinating group convenor)
- Daniel (directly elected Staffing and finance lead)
JOIN THE LONDON RENTERS UNION
We’re a members-led, campaigning union and we’re taking action to make sure all Londoners have a decent, affordable and secure home. Join our community today and become part of the movement to transform the housing system.
LRU Facilitator Training, 17th April 6-9pm
When: 17th April 2023 – 5:45pm - 9pm Where: Main Event Space , Pelican House, 144 Cambridge Heath Road, E1 5QJ Food, childcare and travel expenses provided. This training is being created for active members who want to get more skills and tools to run effective,...
Membership and operations coordinator
Pay: £33,250 for 30 hours per week plus £1,200 per year towards counselling or other forms of agreed wellbeing support.Deadline for applications: Monday 10th April 2023 9pm. Since we launched in 2018, the LRU has won countless disputes against landlords to improve the...
Member solidarity organiser x2
Pay: £33,250 for 30 hours per week plus £1,200 per year towards counselling or other forms of agreed wellbeing support.Deadline for applications: Monday 10th April 2023 9pm. Since we launched in 2018, the LRU has grown to more than 6,500 members, won countless...