We’re hiring a Coordinator!
Are you passionate about housing justice? Want to be part of a project that organises renters across the city and wins?
Launched in 2018, London Renters Union is a member-led campaigning union that organises and builds solidarity between private renters across London in all their diversity to win the changes we need. We’re aiming to build renter power and transform the housing system through collective action. We are financially and administratively independent from government.
London Renters Union is recruiting a Coordinator to work on a fixed term contract (4 months) starting at the beginning of December. The Coordinator holds a vital role in ensuring the day-to-day work of maintaining and growing the union happens effectively.
The Coordinator will work alongside the union’s working groups, branches, members and staff on a daily basis and must ensure that action points are achieved and that admin work is completed
The ideal applicant will have extensive experience of working or volunteering in social justice or community organising projects and in supporting others to work in an empowering and effective way. They will have experience of finance and budgeting, communications and maintaining strong working relationships with a wide range of people.
They will need to be organised and able to work independently. The role is a good opportunity for someone looking for flexible work alongside a motivated community of activists and volunteers.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Thursday 15th November.
- This a 4 month post, running until 1st April 2019 – it is a cover role.
- This role is subject to funding. An answer is expected on current funding applications before interviews on 23rd November.
- The post is part-time recommending 26.25 hours p/w (3.5 days pro rata) and based in London. The rate of pay is £100 per day.
- Subject to funding, we hope to increase the rate of pay to £110 and be able to offer an extra 0.5 day of work starting in January.
- We will consider applications for a job share for this role, with each role taking around 12 hours per week. The role could be split into 2 parts – maintaining the union and membership/member support. Please see the job description for more details.
For full terms and conditions, job description and information on how to apply, please download the job information pack.
JOIN THE LONDON RENTERS UNION
We’re a members-led, campaigning union and we’re taking action to make sure all Londoners have a decent, affordable and secure home. Join our community today and become part of the movement to transform the housing system.
The signatories include leaders of trade unions Unite, Unison, NEU, GMB and CWU, tenant unions London Renters Union, Greater Manchester Housing Action and ACORN, and groups campaigning on housing policy such as New Economics Foundation and Generation Rent
Get Active online training session Get Active in the LRU Hello everyone If you’ve joined as a member recently and want to get stuck in, or if you’ve been involved for a little while and want to know more about how the LRU works, this training is for you! These are a...
What: Stop Evictions trainingWhen: Monday 29 March 2021 6pm-8pmLocation: Via Zoom. Register using the form below Are you in debt to your landlord? Are you worried about eviction? Do you want to learn how you can support your neighbours to stay in their homes? We’ve...