We’re hiring a staff supervisor
The London Renters’ Union are looking for someone to do 1 paid day a month (7.5 hours) of Staff Supervision. Rate of pay: £110 per day.
- The Supervisor will be responsible for meeting workers in person at least once a month, for a face to face meeting of around 2 hours.
- If paid for a full day a month, they will be responsible for supervising 2-3 members of staff, starting at 2 staff members.
- They will support the workers to evaluate their work, plan their work plans, discuss issues around over-work, encourage workers to plan holidays and TOIL time, and will ask coaching questions to support workers to address strategic questions and issues, in accordance with the democratically agreed strategy of the union.
- Supporting the flow of communication and accountability between the workers and Union -they will be responsible for feeding back key, and agreed, parts of the meeting to the Union’s governing body the Coordination Group.
- You will need to be able to commit at least one day a month to this role every month, with meeting times to be determined by yourself and the workers, likely to be during the week.
Experience/core competencies necessary to apply for role:
- At least three years experience of working as part of a grassroots organisation/small charity
- Experience of management/peer-management
- Committed to LRU’s values and possess an understanding of our ways of organising
- Empathetic, good at listening and supporting others to solve their own problems
- Experience of using coaching methods
- Experience of planning and evaluating work
If you meet our core competencies and would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com with two paragraphs about why you feel you can do this role and relevant experience you can bring to the role by 15th May.
Staff and/or our staff support team will have a short phone-call with shortlisted applicants and will aim to make a decision in/by w/c 20th May.
We are looking for someone available to start ASAP with their first meeting held at the end of May.
JOIN THE LONDON RENTERS UNION
We’re a members-led, campaigning union and we’re taking action to make sure all Londoners have a decent, affordable and secure home. Join our community today and become part of the movement to transform the housing system.
Across the city, LRU is building the power of renters. In the upcoming local elections, this means councillors want our votes, and are meeting our demands. Across 6 London boroughs, LRU members have developed local demands about changes they want to see the council...
Do you want to learn how to support renters with housing issues, and take action against landlords and estate agents? This member solidarity training is for you!
Saturday 23rd April 2022, 10.45am - 3.45pm Common Room at Pelican House, 144 Cambridge Heath Rd, London E1 5QJIf you’ve joined as a member recently and want to get stuck in, or if you’ve been involved for a little while and want to know more about how the LRU works,...