We’re hiring a staff supervisor
The London Renters’ Union are looking for someone to do 1 paid day a month (7.5 hours) of Staff Supervision. Rate of pay: £110 per day.
- The Supervisor will be responsible for meeting workers in person at least once a month, for a face to face meeting of around 2 hours.
- If paid for a full day a month, they will be responsible for supervising 2-3 members of staff, starting at 2 staff members.
- They will support the workers to evaluate their work, plan their work plans, discuss issues around over-work, encourage workers to plan holidays and TOIL time, and will ask coaching questions to support workers to address strategic questions and issues, in accordance with the democratically agreed strategy of the union.
- Supporting the flow of communication and accountability between the workers and Union -they will be responsible for feeding back key, and agreed, parts of the meeting to the Union’s governing body the Coordination Group.
- You will need to be able to commit at least one day a month to this role every month, with meeting times to be determined by yourself and the workers, likely to be during the week.
Experience/core competencies necessary to apply for role:
- At least three years experience of working as part of a grassroots organisation/small charity
- Experience of management/peer-management
- Committed to LRU’s values and possess an understanding of our ways of organising
- Empathetic, good at listening and supporting others to solve their own problems
- Experience of using coaching methods
- Experience of planning and evaluating work
If you meet our core competencies and would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com with two paragraphs about why you feel you can do this role and relevant experience you can bring to the role by 15th May.
Staff and/or our staff support team will have a short phone-call with shortlisted applicants and will aim to make a decision in/by w/c 20th May.
We are looking for someone available to start ASAP with their first meeting held at the end of May.
JOIN THE LONDON RENTERS UNION
We’re a members-led, campaigning union and we’re taking action to make sure all Londoners have a decent, affordable and secure home. Join our community today and become part of the movement to transform the housing system.
ITV told the story of how LRU member Mary was a victim of benefit discrimination. They didn’t tell you how she fought with our union and won.read more
To celebrate having more than 1,300 members and all that we’ve achieved together so far, we’re holding our first all-member assembly on Saturday 22nd June at Rich Mix!read more
After a year of organising, Mary and the LRU have secured ALL of the money that Mary was owed, even when the law was on the side of the estate agents that had pressured her out of it.read more