We’re hiring a staff supervisor
The London Renters’ Union are looking for someone to do 1 paid day a month (7.5 hours) of Staff Supervision. Rate of pay: £110 per day.
- The Supervisor will be responsible for meeting workers in person at least once a month, for a face to face meeting of around 2 hours.
- If paid for a full day a month, they will be responsible for supervising 2-3 members of staff, starting at 2 staff members.
- They will support the workers to evaluate their work, plan their work plans, discuss issues around over-work, encourage workers to plan holidays and TOIL time, and will ask coaching questions to support workers to address strategic questions and issues, in accordance with the democratically agreed strategy of the union.
- Supporting the flow of communication and accountability between the workers and Union -they will be responsible for feeding back key, and agreed, parts of the meeting to the Union’s governing body the Coordination Group.
- You will need to be able to commit at least one day a month to this role every month, with meeting times to be determined by yourself and the workers, likely to be during the week.
Experience/core competencies necessary to apply for role:
- At least three years experience of working as part of a grassroots organisation/small charity
- Experience of management/peer-management
- Committed to LRU’s values and possess an understanding of our ways of organising
- Empathetic, good at listening and supporting others to solve their own problems
- Experience of using coaching methods
- Experience of planning and evaluating work
If you meet our core competencies and would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com with two paragraphs about why you feel you can do this role and relevant experience you can bring to the role by 15th May.
Staff and/or our staff support team will have a short phone-call with shortlisted applicants and will aim to make a decision in/by w/c 20th May.
We are looking for someone available to start ASAP with their first meeting held at the end of May.
JOIN THE LONDON RENTERS UNION
We’re a members-led, campaigning union and we’re taking action to make sure all Londoners have a decent, affordable and secure home. Join our community today and become part of the movement to transform the housing system.
Our Introduction to Member Solidarity training is for all members who want to support other renters with their housing issues, and stand up to landlords and estate agents. You will learn about how we organise member solidarity in the union, our principles and process,...
Over the past year, renters like you have taken action together and won crucial government protections from eviction during the pandemic and forced landlords to pay out thousands of pounds in repairs and compensation. This summer, renters in the LRU will be reaching...
Over the past year we’ve seen black and brown communities, including many migrants, suffer at the sharpest end of the crisis - not just from COVID itself, but from eviction, poor housing and homelessness. From Grenfell to the pandemic we have seen how borders and...