Coronavirus rent crisis
Thank you! We’ll be in touch soon!
In the meantime, here are two more steps you can take:
1. Share your situation and use the hashtag #C19RentCrisis.
2. You can join the London Renters Union today for £4 per month. It’s free if you don’t have an income at the moment.
The benefits of joining:
- Join a city-wide community of renters fighting together.
- We’ll do our best to support you through the Coronavirus pandemic and any other housing issues you face.
- Get involved in our movement and take action with other renters. The more people join the union, the stronger our collective action can be.
👉Set up a paid membership for £4 per month here.
If you don’t have an income, you can join for free here.
JOIN THE LONDON RENTERS UNION
We’re a members-led, campaigning union and we’re taking action to make sure all Londoners have a decent, affordable and secure home. Join our community today and become part of the movement to transform the housing system.
Our Introduction to Member Solidarity training is for all members who want to support other renters with their housing issues, and stand up to landlords and estate agents. You will learn about how we organise member solidarity in the union, our principles and process,...
Over the past year, renters like you have taken action together and won crucial government protections from eviction during the pandemic and forced landlords to pay out thousands of pounds in repairs and compensation. This summer, renters in the LRU will be reaching...
Over the past year we’ve seen black and brown communities, including many migrants, suffer at the sharpest end of the crisis - not just from COVID itself, but from eviction, poor housing and homelessness. From Grenfell to the pandemic we have seen how borders and...