Organiser x 2
Organiser x 2
*Deadline extended to 5pm on October 23*
We’re recruiting two new Organisers. The role of these organisers will be to support the growth of either our Haringey branch (2 year contract) or our Lewisham branch (12 month maternity cover contract).
Joining the LRU as a paid organiser is your chance to develop your community organising skills and to support renters to build the power we need to transform the housing system so that it works for people not profit.
- Supporting new members into the activity of the branch through phone calls and one-to-one meetings.
- Supporting elected role holders to develop their community organising skills and carry out their roles.
- Support members to develop and implement the strategy of the branch.
- Recruiting paying members to the London Renters Union.
- Identifying and organising campaigns and disputes on issues that renters are facing.
- Helping members run effective, welcoming meetings.
Pay and benefits
The pay is £37,656 pro rata – £30,125 for 30 hours per week, usually spread over 4 days. The role includes extensive training and support and a £1,200 per year towards counselling or other well-being services. Staff with children or carer responsibilities are entitled to a 12% subsidy on the regular staff salary.
Download the full job description and terms and conditions here.
To apply for this role
- To apply for this role, please upload your CV and a completed application form using the form below.
- You can download a copy of the application form here.
- Please note that you will need to save your CV and application form as a PDF file to be able to upload them using the form below. If you have any troubles with this please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Deadline for applications: 5pm on October 23.
- The ideal applicant will be available to start during November.
- If you have any questions about the role, feel free to email Michael on email@example.com.
Upload your CV and completed application form here
JOIN THE LONDON RENTERS UNION
We’re a members-led, campaigning union and we’re taking action to make sure all Londoners have a decent, affordable and secure home. Join our community today and become part of the movement to transform the housing system.
Time: Thursday 21st March 6:45-9pmVenue: Hamilton House, Mabledon Pl, London WC1H 9BDRegister using the form below Has your landlord recently pushed your rent up even higher? Or are you worried about the cost of housing? You’re not alone. On Thursday 21 March, London...
One of the most exciting parts of Sunday’s All Member Assembly is that there’s time to debate motions that decide the whole union’s plans for the coming year. The organising team has decided that there’s only time to properly discuss and debate 4 motions. However, 6...
Want to know more about what rights renters have? Want to support fellow renters with their housing problems? Want to take collective action against landlords and letting agents? Join London Renters Union’s member solidarity training programme! What is it? Member...