Organiser x 2
Organiser x 2
We’re recruiting two new Organisers. The role of these organisers will be to support the growth of either our Haringey branch (2 year contract) or our Lewisham branch (12 month maternity cover contract).
Joining the LRU as a paid organiser is your chance to develop your community organising skills and to support renters to build the power we need to transform the housing system so that it works for people not profit.
- Supporting new members into the activity of the branch through phone calls and one-to-one meetings.
- Supporting elected role holders to develop their community organising skills and carry out their roles.
- Support members to develop and implement the strategy of the branch.
- Recruiting paying members to the London Renters Union.
- Identifying and organising campaigns and disputes on issues that renters are facing.
- Helping members run effective, welcoming meetings.
Pay and benefits
The pay is £37,656 pro rata – £30,125 for 30 hours per week, usually spread over 4 days. The role includes extensive training and support and a £1,200 per year towards counselling or other well-being services. Staff with children or carer responsibilities are entitled to a 12% subsidy on the regular staff salary.
Download the full job description and terms and conditions here.
To apply for this role
- To apply for this role, please upload your CV and a completed application form using the form below.
- You can download a copy of the application form here.
- Please note that you will need to save your CV and application form as a PDF file to be able to upload them using the form below. If you have any troubles with this please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Deadline for applications: 8pm on October 5.
- Interviews will take place during the week starting October 10 or October 17, depending on availability of branch memebers.
- The ideal applicant will be available to start during October or the first half of November.
- If you have any questions about the role, feel free to email Michael on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upload your CV and completed application form here
JOIN THE LONDON RENTERS UNION
We’re a members-led, campaigning union and we’re taking action to make sure all Londoners have a decent, affordable and secure home. Join our community today and become part of the movement to transform the housing system.
Renters rights training for all members living in Hackney!
Come to this workshop on Wednesday 31 August to:
⭐️ Help shape the LRU’s understanding of the housing crisis.
⭐️ Share your thoughts about the union’s vision for the future of the housing system.
⭐️ Take part in a conversation about the union’s strategy for the coming years.
We’re now hiring new staff to help our members organise renters and build the power of the union